Allo' Expat Liechtenstein - Connecting Expats in Liechtenstein
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Liechtenstein Logo


Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
 
Check our Rates
   Information Center Liechtenstein
Liechtenstein General Information
 
History of Liechtenstein
Liechtenstein Culture
Liechtenstein Cuisine
Liechtenstein Geography
Liechtenstein Population
Liechtenstein Government
Liechtenstein Economy
Liechtenstein Communications
Liechtenstein Transportations
Liechtenstein Military
Liechtenstein Transnational Issues
Liechtenstein Healthcare
Liechtenstein People, Language & Religion
Liechtenstein Expatriates Handbook
Liechtenstein and Foreign Government
Liechtenstein General Listings
Liechtenstein Useful Tips
Liechtenstein Education & Medical
Liechtenstein Travel & Tourism Info
Liechtenstein Lifestyle & Leisure
Liechtenstein Business Matters
  Sponsored Links


Check our Rates

People, Language & Religion
 
 
 

People

The indigenous population, accounting for 87.5% of the 1998 total, is described as being chiefly of Alemannic stock, descendants of the German-speaking tribes that settled between the Main and Danube rivers. Italian, Turkish and various other groups account for the remaining 12.5%.

Language

German is the official language. The population speaks an Alemannic dialect.

Religion

The state religion is Roman Catholicism, to which about 77% of the population adheres; however, absolute freedom of worship prevails. According to a 2000 report, 0.07% of the population are Protestants; and 0.04% are Muslims. The Eastern Orthodox Church has about 242 members. Buddhists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Anglicans, Jews, Baha'is and New Apostolics each have less than 60 members. About 3,500 people were undecided as to religious affiliation.

 
 



 



 


copyrights © AlloExpat.com
2015 | Policy